The Council of Ministers approves regulations, almost all on-road transport, & refers to the HPR for endorsement. There is a need for a well-trained and safe road transport system. Therefore, the road regulations anticipated to solve the sector’s problem aim for federal & regional road transport executive bodies to coordinate and integrate.
The remaining regulations aim to enable citizens’ active participation in national development & the democratic process. These regulations will be implemented upon publication on Negarit Gazette.
The regulations consist of:
– More improvement on road transport to the economic and social development
– Road safety & fund service establishment
– Drivers qualification certification license
– Motor vehicles speed limit
– Vehicle size & weight to minimize road damage & ensure road safety
– Public transport service re-establishment
– Finance intelligence service re-establishment for compatibility with modern technology & tackle financial crimes
– Development of well-trained and safe road transport system