Glocare Pharma Manufacturing inaugurates the 1st pharmaceuticals production plant in the Kilinto Industrial Park.

March 11, 2022

Glocare Pharma Manufacturing PLC is an Indian firm created with a vision to contribute to the health and wellbeing of communities worldwide. Its mission is to grow and produce the highest quality standards, innovation, customer service levels, and commitments in its business.

The company opened the first pharmaceuticals production plant in the Kilinto Industrial Park with an inauguration ceremony attended by Sandokan Debebe, CEO of IPDC, Ayele Teshome, State Minister of Health, and Robert Shetkintong, India’s Ambassador to Ethiopia. The manufacturing plant is expected to contribute to pharmaceuticals supply in the country remarkably.

Glocare will produce 600 million tablets and 7 million caps of liquid medicine annually to reduce 85% of medicine imports. It will supply 80% of its production to the local market and export the remaining 20% to foreign markets. It aims to produce quality medicine, create job opportunities, and transfer knowledge & skill to its Ethiopian employees.

It is the first independent Indian investment in Ethiopia’s pharmaceutical sector. Other Indian companies like Cadilla Pharmaceuticals and Kilitch Estro participated in the industry through joint ventures with Ethiopian investors. Dr. Ayele Teshome, State Minister of Health, stated that the Ethiopian government is working towards increasing pharmaceutical sector private investments to boost the access of quality medicines in the country.

You May Also Like…

Dinaw Mengestu

Dinaw Mengestu

All Our Names (Knopf, 2014), How To Read the Air (Riverhead, 2010), and The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears (Riverhead, 2010) are Dinaw Mengestu's three books, all of which were named New York Times Notable Books (Riverhead, 2007). Mengestu is an Ethiopian native...

UN Women launches its third Strategic Plan in Uganda

UN Women launches its third Strategic Plan in Uganda

UN Women is an international organization that focuses on ending violence against women and girls (VAWG) and creating Gender Equality & Women Empowerment. It collaborates with several local & international organizations and private & government sectors to...

Tsion Haileselassie – Photographer

Tsion Haileselassie – Photographer

As young professionals in the creative industry, it is usual to see people exploring their talents and their true passions through time, regardless of what they have learned in the past few years. Some people stop learning, some do it while learning and others do it...

Ethiopia releases the Online Trade Registration and Licensing System

Ethiopia releases the Online Trade Registration and Licensing System

Ethiopia’s Ministry of Trade and Regional Integration launched the Online Trade Registration and Licensing System (OTRLS) to provide several benefits, such as reducing physical registration, saving time, and avoiding confusion with its detailed information for each...